Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking with Kids


Before the weekend I checked out Paula Deen's Cookbook for the Lunch-Box Set from the library. I have plenty of "kid" cookbooks, but those still require me to read off the ingredients and a lot of them make food into happy faces or other objects and this has never impressed my kids. A vegetable is still a vegetable.

The thing I loved about this book were the pictures of the ingredients. This one thing made it more fun and easy for my 4 year old to find the items in the pantry that we needed and then we started cooking. The book is divided up into events that one might have over a school year-a sleepover, a boke sale, lunch, family cooking night etc. The one we chose was under Lunch. We made a Cheeseburger Casserole. We got all the ingredients and pans out first and then I instructed him from there.

Here's a pick of the finished product. It was yummy and definitely a comfort food.



Here's a link to the catalog to check this book out.

Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment